I’m always so sad whenever the rainy season is over. It’s the time of the year when all seems to be right with life. Rain heals everything. The sound, the smell, the feeling. I’ve been away from home for a while now and I can truthfully say that what I miss the most is that lush, full-bodied tropical rain that sounds like a direct validation from the heavens. So calming and uplifting, at the same time.
It goes without saying that I have a Rainy Day playlist, and when I play songs from it, I miss home so badly, my bones ache. Now that the rainy season is about to be over (if the April to October rule still holds true), I’d like to share some of my favorite songs from this list, so you can listen to them even in the thick of the dry season and relieve all those rainy day feels. The songs generally have little or nothing to do with rain per se, but they just have that chill, emo, je ne sais quoi vibe that makes one think of rivulets of water trickling down a windowpane.
The playlist originally has 240 songs, but as we are not here to sleep, I’m going to pick just 25. It physically hurts, but I must adult. ☹
1. Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
2. Dido – Thank You
3. Perfectly Lonely – John Mayer
4. Baby’s Romance – Chris Garneau
5. Barcelona – George Ezra
6. Be Be Your Love – Rachel Yamagata
7. Nobody Knows Me At All – The Weepies
8. Comfortable – John Mayer
9. Crazy For You – Adele
10. This Year’s Love – David Gray
11. Details In The Fabric – Jason Mraz ft. James Morrisson
12. Diary – Alicia Keys ft. Tony Toni Tone
13. Drops of Jupiter – Train
14. Awe – Asa
15. Flapper Girl – The Lumineers
16. Have You Ever Seen The Rain – Sawyer Fredricks and Noelle Bybee (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)
17. Koop Island Blues – Koop
18. Let It Be Me – Ray LaMontagne
19. Like A Star – Corrinne Bailey Rae
20. Lucky – Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
21. Beautiful – Me’Shell Ndegeocello
22. Patient Love – Passenger
23. Pollen And Salt – Daphne Loves Derby
24. Sunday Morning – Maroon 5
25. Swallowed In The Sea – Coldplay
This was like pulling teeth. I had to leave out some real gems, you guys. I must now take to my bed and recover, etc. Here’s hoping we get to do a Part 2.
And hey, don’t forget to share your favorite Rainy Day selections in the comment section. I hope you enjoy this list!