If I had to pick just one accessory that I would wear everyday for the rest of my life, it’d have to be the hat. Rings will probably put up a good fight, but hats win, I’m quite certain. Don’t you just love the way they add an instant “cool” to any outfit?
+ Am I the only one who gets super excited seeing photos of a well worn hat over oh-so-gorgeous kinks? I can’t explain it really, but in my head, I’m screaming, “RAD!!!!!”. It’s warm fuzzies and shivers down my spine and giggles. It’s beautiful, that ‘fro + cool hat combination. Oh man!!
Whether it’s the fedora, the panama, the trilby, the porkpie, the floppy hat, the newsboy hat, the fez, the derby, whatever… It just works.
Now this is how you put a hat on it…
Wondering where to pick one up?
* Worth & Worth’s The Hat Shop has a wide selection of gorgeous, drool-worthy hats. And they ship internationally.
* Also check Brixton’s collection; a brand “inspired by music, culture, and the people who surround them”. (Ships internationally from the US).
* Ever wonder where Christina Caradona finds her super cool hats? Quite a number of them are from Otte NY.
* Jane Sews’ felted hats are just what your wardrobe needs to go from “cool” to Oh-So-Rad!!! The South African artisan brand has been featured on Nik-Nak before and we are as much in love with it now, as we were then.
* How can a list that mentions hats and cool and rad be complete without Free People? This uber cool bohemian fashion haven is everything! They ship internationally to over a hundred countries. If your country isn’t on the list, you can always suggest it. And in the meantime, you’ll always know someone who knows someone ;-).
Go on, wear a hat today. Wear a hat EVERYDAY!
(Images from Tumblr and ‘P’s Instagram)