Ozoz, Kitchen Butterfly, is a ‘Traveler, by plate..’
..passionate about food in its entirety – cooking, eating, dreaming, writing and photographing it.
Kov and I have had the pleasure to meet Ozoz, and besides the joy that she’s an awesome mum and a jovial being, here are the reasons we love her:
1. Because unlike the average Nigerian (i.e. Me), she did more with mango than eat it just like that. Like, what? See this gorgeous Mango Yoghurt Parfait complete with healthy granola.
2. She re-imagines Nigerian cuisine; like she did here with this Tapioca-Coconut salad.
3. She has given us a number of ingenuous small chops ideas that are not puff-puff and spring rolls. (No shade oh, I’m a puff-puff aficionado!)
4. Raise your hand if you’ve ever considered juicing sugarcane. Well, I haven’t. Sugarcane: Juiced or Blended, because you need options!
5. Agbalumo Drink exists, guys. Yes. I’m not a big fan of the fruit, but this is brilliant – I would drink this.
6. Nigerians love their plantains, no jokes. Like, really really really.. Y’all should be lining up to thank Ozoz for giving you yet more things to do with these plantanas like:
Plantain Salad Imoyo (this looks so good, I’m making it this weekend..)
7. Because she put garri on avocado..
…and chilli in chocolate.
8. She made Zobo sauce!
9. This Nigerian Scent Leaf Curry Sauce that Kov adores..
10. We love her Food Photography!
If somehow, you still don’t understand why Ozoz is good for us, why we love her and her bold innovations and boundary-pushing; then watch her TEDx talk and try not to fall in love..
(All photos from the Kitchen Butterfly website linked above.)