The other day, ‘P and I were talking about growing up, and how as kids, we spent a lot of time by ourselves, locked away from everyone else just so we could daydream. I especially remember sending people out of my room specifically saying that I needed time by myself to “think”. Then I’d spend a few hours dreaming up the most elaborately romantic story my preteen mind could think up. If my nose wasn’t buried in a book, then my head was up in the clouds. Don’t judge me.
Recently, I was watching Her for the umpteenth time, and when Karen O’s Moon Song came on, it brought on such an intense feeling of nostalgia for my dreamer girl phase. This is the song my teenage self would have spent most afternoons lost in! To this day, I still fancy myself a dreamer, though the content of my dreams may have evolved.
Today’s playlist is for dreamers…
1. The Moon Song – Karen O
2. An Ocean Apart – Julie Delpy
3. The Quiet Crowd – Patrick Watson
4. Hearts is a Drum – Beck
5. Youth – Daughter
6. Heartlines – Florence + The Machines
7. Promise – Ben Howard
8. All I Want (Kodaline Cover) – Ellie Goulding
9. Silhouettes – Of Monsters and Men
10. Lasan – Michael Kiwanuka & Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
11. Book of Right-On – Sarah Jarosz
America (First Aid Kit cover) – Daisy & Sylvia